A Quilters Moto

"Measure twice and cut once"

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How Awesome is QUILT MARKET?


Quilt Market is AWESOME. I was lucky enough to go with my dear friend Carina Gardner. We had so much fun. I will post you all some of my highlights from my very long but FUN day at Quilt Market. Above is a photo from the Riley Blake booth that was by far the most beautiful one there. It took the cake:)

We had a great time with Amanda Herring of the Quilted Fish. We all wanted to have a tea party and eat cake!!

I then saw one of my favorite pattern companies Pie Plate Patterns! They are the ones that made the pattern for the pinwheel quilt that is at the top of my blog. They were so nice and fun to talk with, I just loved them. How fun!!



This quilt caught my eye for a couple of reasons. First, because it is so stinkin' cute! I love the turtles. Second, because my teenagers can't stop with that YouTube video about Turtles. I have seen it and every time I giggle. I think my next quilt might be turtles, just because they are cute and because now they make me giggle.

How cute are these little guys?! I just loved them. I am probably not talented enough to make them, but I did just love them. They are by Stash Books. Don't you just want to take the little guys home with you?


It is always something adorable and simple like this that makes me feel like I have nothing to offer in the world. I would have never thought of something like this. It is SO STINKIN cute and it just never would have occurred to me to make it. I love it!
Last but not least, I met Amy Butler!! To be fair, Carina Gardner is still and will always be my favorite fabric designer. This is a photo of me with Susan and Amy Butler. It was so fun to be at the Quilt Market and see all the talent there and it was so great to be there with Susan and Carina. I will never forget it. Thanks Carina!!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great time! Wow, the quilts looked amazing. Although you have never made one of those cute animals, I am confident you could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I had no idea there were places like this! There are so many different forms of art, I am so amazed to see what humans can create. I too really adore the turtle quilt! It is very creative and eye catching. It makes you giggle and me smile! Actually, I think it could tempt me to giggle too.

    ReplyDelete