A Quilters Moto

"Measure twice and cut once"

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Passing on the Tradition

















So, when my husband was in high school his grandmother made him a quilt. It was a king size quilt with itty bitty pieces. The entire quilt was hand done. Pieced by hand and quilted by hand. It was unbelievable! When we got married 17 years ago he brought it with him and put it right on our bed. I LOVED it. Needless to say it has been on and off our bed for the last 17 years. It is needing to be put on display only:( I am so sad. However, with his grandmother now gone and me not being able to put it in the wash. There really is no other way. I want to replace it. I am quilting a new one with very similar fabrics from the first one. Very bright 70's looking fabrics. FUN! Here they are and I am so so sorry that the picture is a little grainy. My dear husband took my good camera camping this weekend. But, I wanted to post what I was quilting.

Fun Funky Block



This block is SUPER easy! I cut 1/2 my blocks 10" and the other 1/2 9". Then I took all the blocks that were 10" and I cut them diagonally once and then again to make the triangles. Then you sew them into these adorable squares with the points in the middle!! How funky and fun is that?!! I know only one thing that makes quilting more fun...

Having it with homemade Jelly!

Grape Jelly and Quilts!!I canned grape jelly last night and loved it. When I got up this morning to quilt and saw it next to the fabric I just loved how it looked laying next to the bright oranges and greens. So, I thought I would take a picture for you. I hope you can just smell the jelly and the fabric:) Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. That quilt is going to look great! I love the retro fabric. SO fun. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colors are indeed delicious!

    ReplyDelete